In fact, if my IMs-to-email do not deceive me, I’ve been double-tagged.Â Looks like GraziaÂ got me first, followed by swaffette.Â Now in allÂ honesty this is the kind of thing where I usually just roll my eyes and hit Delete, but these are nice people, everybody else seems to be playing along, and I don’t want want to get the reputation of being a spoil-sport.Â Plus, it could be fun.Â
Â So here we go.
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Donâ€™t forget to leave them a comment telling them theyâ€™re tagged, and to read your blog.
Oh dear.Â I guess you’re going to learn more about me today than you may have wanted to know.Â Read on…at your peril.
Eight Things About Ryan
- I grew up in the Midwestern U.S., suburban Kansas City to be more precise, although I live in Los Angeles now.Â (This will not surprise you if you remember my rat rouletteÂ story, every word of which is true, I swear.)Â What this means is that, when I get really tired or really drunk, my drawl comes back.Â Always good for a laugh.
- I’m a fairly neat person (as opposed to messy), but I do have my stacks of stuff, usually stuff to read, so mostly books and magazines.Â The books aren’t so much a problem, but the magazines can be perilous as they tend to be slippery.
- I can mix a mean Manhattan, better than many if not most bartenders (sorry, it’s just true), and I love experimenting with different whiskeys, vermouths, cocktail bitters and proportions thereof.Â Someday, I’ll create the Ultimate Manhattan and they’ll engrave the recipe on my tombstone.
- TiVo runs my life.Â You either already know what this means, or I can’t possibly explain it to you.Â No, it’s not “Flight of the Conchords.”
- I have a truly horrifying DVD collection–definitely, definitely out of control.Â Actually, a lot of these are in stacks too.
- Yes, it’s true–I’m a sci-fi geekboy who grew up into a sci-fi geekman.Â I added horror to the mix when I (a) discovered Stephen King and (2) started sneaking into R-rated horror movies.Â The schlockier they are, the better I like ‘em.
- Fiona Apple rocks my world–how such a sultry voice comes out of such a waifish girl I’ll never understand.Â However, I have a soft spot in my musical heart for Julie Brown.Â “Homecoming Queen’s Got a Gun” is still one of theÂ best pop songs ever.Â There, I said it.
- Boxer briefs.Â So now you know.
Feel free to comment,Â but please…be gentle.Â
Man, it’s hard to find eight more people to hit up, especially when you’re coming late to the game yourself and everybody you think of off the top of your head has been recruited already, or they have a Flick photo stream but not a blog, or any number of other things.Â Anyway, without further ado andÂ in no particular order–
Next victims (don’t hate me and forgive any double-tagging):Â Catero Revolution, Shai Delacroix, Posy Trudeau, Jesseaitui Petion, Faery Sola, Raindrop Drinkwater,Â kaia Ennui,Â and last but not least Sean Clancy.